Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Antidote

Every once in a while, something deep inside me, surfaces.

It's like I'm an amnesiac and parts of what I've forgotten, glimmer in my mind.  

If I'm not paying attention, they don't last long.  They disappear and life, as I know it, goes on.

But, there have been times when I catch them before they slip, away.  

I've caught one.  And I'm not letting it go.

I've forgotten who I am.  I've realized, I don't have a goal of who or what I want to become.  I've been simply existing; living without a purpose.

I'm not ok with this.

I've had a plethora of thoughts wafting through my mind, of late.  They've finally come to fruition.

I need to become stronger; mentally, physically and spiritually.

I need to be able to stand up for myself.  I need to be able to stand, alone.  I need to be able to stand firm.

I haven't been doing that.  I've been codependent on someone and some things that aren't doing me any favors.  They've been preying on my weaknesses and exploiting them.  They've been holding me, back; keeping me down.  Not intentionally, I'm sure, but still... 

So, there it is.  My goal, if you will:  to become stronger.  

I can't help but think it will help with the issues that plague my mind on a daily basis.  

No comments:

Post a Comment