Friday, January 27, 2017

Change-up

Pretty much anything that's ailed me, over the years, have gotten these answers for a solution when I prayed about them:

Exercise.

Read my scriptures.


I seem to be self-sabotaging.  I think we all sort of do this, once in a while.  Maybe it's a habit... who knows?

Whatever the case, you'd think if God was telling me these things, over and over, again, that I would grab hold and just run with them.

Well... I haven't.  I have a knack for thinking, "I need to do that", but then never actually do it.

I'm in a comfort zone.  Uncomfortable as it may be, I'm here, just the same.  This is what I know.  If I commit to making my life better by doing these things, I might actually have to do something about it.  I will be held accountable for my actions.  I won't have excuses, anymore.  Things might be different.  I hope they would be, actually.

I came across something a friend told me about, a long time, ago.  It's a supplement that's supposed to help with what ails me.  It's non-medicinal.  It means going off my meds to try it, if I'm thinking it will work.  I want to talk to my doctor, about it.  I would love to not have side-effects, but, going off meds like the ones I'm on, is scaryscaryscary.  For many reasons.  For them to work, they have to mess with your head.  To go off of them - well - messes with your head.  I'm not keen on being messed in the head anymore than I already am.

I think it's time for a change, though.  Time to step up my game.  Time to listen to God.

I'm a little hesitant.  I don't want to fail.  I don't want it to not work.  I can't just dip my toe in the water, if I choose this - it's all or nothing.  I can't do it, halfheartedly.

If you're reading this, and you're the praying type, I wouldn't mind if you sent one or two my way.


No comments:

Post a Comment