Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Light at the End of the Tunnel

I wanted to write about yesterday.  It was a good day.

I didn't have any anger outbursts and didn't cry over anything stupid.  I was in control and it felt pretty darn good.

I still had moments that threatened to push me over the edge, but I was able to keep it under control.  It was awesome.

I have an intense personality.  I always have.  I'm opinionated and impulsive and picky.  I'm hard to live with.  I write this down because I'm trying to remember who I was before I wasn't.  And, not being able to control my inner workings has given new light to the idea of "self-control".  I have more power over myself than I've ever given myself credit for.

I want all my days to be good.  I know crappy things are still going to happen, but I've been given the blessing of being able to see my way through those moments and living to tell the tale.

So, there it is.  A good thing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good day. ❤ We all have good and bad days, whether we're fighting inner battles or not. It's nice to be able to appreciate the good days. Hopefully you'll find balance soon, and end up having more good days then bad.

    ReplyDelete